Needless to say, it’s been a roller-coaster for everyone in the events industry as well as our clients and customers when dealing with Covid-19!
We understand the toll this has taken on the population, and while we’re out of the lockdowns, we’re not out of the woods! Covid-19 infections are rising in some places, while staying steady or declining in others, and the situation seems to change on a daily basis.
Some people are wondering, “What do we do about rescheduling our event?”, while others are wondering, “What happens when we cancel our event?”, and then there are those who wonder, “How do we move forward with our event?”
SoundFire DJ is dedicated to helping our clients the best way we can within reason, and the sustainability of our business so that we can make it through this crisis to see all of our clients during it as well as on the other side of it. Let’s break it down by what our plans and policies will be based on general situations. These terms are general, and not specific to every situation. We are handling every client on a case-by-case basis. That being said, here are how we are generally handling events going forward:
For the, “How do we move forward with our event?” crowd:
We are dedicated to providing our services in a safe manner while following guidelines for protection and social distancing. Here is how we intend to protect you:
- Microphones will only be used by assigned speakers. NO impromptu speeches from any guests that are not listed in advance.
- Microphones will be placed on a stand to avoid handling, and the wind screen will be covered with a single-use, anti-microbial cover that will be used for only your event.
- Staff will be required to check their temperature before departing for an event. Should their temperature be above average a replacement staff will be provided.
- Staff will be required to wash hands often throughout the event especially before and after after handling any microphones that are setup for guest use.
- SoundFire DJ staff will be practicing safe distancing of 6ft apart as much as possible during the event. The DJ station will be stanchioned off from guests. For song requests a special contactless system will be setup for your guests to electronically send their song requests to the DJ. Signage will be displayed during the event that will have a large QR code that can be scanned by phone cameras from a distance of up to 6ft away.
If you have any questions or additional concerns please feel free to reach out to us, and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.
For the, “What do we do about rescheduling our event?” crowd:
First, get in touch with us RIGHT AWAY if you intend to reschedule. Please keep in mind that several of our clients have already rescheduled to either later in 2020, or 2021 due to COVID-19. We are offering a very generous rescheduling policy where we will move your entire contracted service to any date we’re available up through the month of April, 2022. To ensure we can accommodate our couples we have made available Sundays and Thursdays for rescheduling needs.
For the, “What happens when we cancel our event?” crowd:
This is where situations will be more of a case-by-case basis when COVID-19 is claimed as the reason for cancellation. If you intend to cancel your event, get in touch with us RIGHT AWAY so we can help with this process. We encourage you to consider rescheduling to a future date, and are offering very generous rescheduling terms. We are also offering the ability to transfer your balance to alternative services (such as professional live streaming) that can help accommodate clients that still wish to hold some of their event on their original date (i.e. a marriage ceremony), or to a different type of event at a future date depending on the date and availability. Again, please get in touch for details and questions!
In the end we want to take care of our customers while being able to weather the storm, and come out strong on the other side for all of our clients present and future. Thank you for trusting us with your events, and we look forward to serving you!